terça-feira, 20 de novembro de 2018

Connect the dots.

Would you respect me if I told you I respect cats, cows, pigs, chickens, dogs all the same and not tell me the bacon you're eating is just too delicious?

Hypothetical question, as I actually don't care as much for the respect you have for me as I care for your ability to be empathetic with those I referenced and all the others.

But it still hurts. It hurts them a lot more though. Each one taken is one that is not coming back. Can you see that? I hope you will.

Please take a look at what we are doing to them and why we do it. Find me a reason for our inertia.

"I will kill you because I like your taste, even though I could choose not to do it, I was taught this way". 

Your pet is no more nor less than any animal you consume. Imagine what you'd have to do to consume it and acknowledge your feelings about it. Impersonate any other animal you choose to consume as your pet, as the pet you love. Translate the feelings you had before into that situation. You have the ability to love the animal you consume as much as you love your pet. 

Make the connection. 

Thank you for your time.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário